Standard Granite Bracket was one of the original designs and is still the most used.
The “Standard Granite Countertop Support Bracket” is designed for applications where the countertop is mounted on a “knee” or “pony” wall as in the image below. This creates a beautiful “floating” effect without the use of unsightly corbels or large architectural brackets. The brackets remain hidden from view and you and your guests don’t have to worry about knocking your knees on legs or other large supports.
Made of half inch thick steel our countertop support brackets are designed to hold a great deal of weight.
The brackets are mounted into a 1/2 inch deep by 2 1/2 inch wide channel and affixed with #12 wood screws that are shipped with the product.
Hidden Countertop Support Bracket Features
- Made in the USA
- Hidden from view, creates a perfect floating countertop effect without large and unattractive corbels to knock your knees on
- Crafted from 1/2 inch x 2.5 inch (variable length) American steel
- Professionally milled and finished
- Simple to install
- 35 degree “Safe Edge” on front edge of bracket
- 4 mounting points for extra support
- Textured powder coat rather than paint for a rust free durable finish
- Available in black or white powder coat
- #12 wood screws included with product
What size granite countertop support bracket will you need?
In most cases the size of the support will be the size of your overhang – here is why.
As an example lets say you have a 12 inch overhang past your 2 x 4 knee wall. You want to keep the countertop supports 4 inches back from the edge of the overhang to keep them hidden and tucked away. In this case you will need a 12 inch bracket – 8 inches of support under the overhang and another 4 inches to span the knee wall.